Our Brains and Healthy Aging @ Central
Join us for this 2-part program on maximizing brain health as we age, with Terry Fogerty from the Rhode Island Hospital Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorders Center. Free and open to the public. Register by clicking the button below or contact the library for assistance. Come for one or both parts of the program. Refreshments will be provided.
Part One, 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM: Addressing Alzheimer’s - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Alzheimer’s Disease is currently the 6th leading cause of death in the United States. New discoveries are changing the discussion around this disease as researchers work to find a way to end this pandemic. Join us to learn more about how we fight Alzheimer’s disease today and in the future.
Objectives of Part One
- Explain the difference between dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Describe the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Discuss existing and advancing treatment for the disease
Part Two, 3:15 PM - 4:15 PM: Building a Resilient Brain – Tips and Tricks to Strengthen Our Memory as We Age
In this fun, interactive presentation about memory, learn about the normal parts of the aging process and practice some tips and tricks to help strengthen our memory as we age.
Objectives of Part Two
- Explain the difference between normal aging of the brain vs. memory concerns
- Describe what memory is and how it works
- Discuss ways to keep our memory strong as we age
Terry Fogerty, BS, Research Community Outreach Coordinator, is responsible for community relations, education, and recruitment for the Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorders Center at Rhode Island Hospital. She has been working with Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) clinical trials teams to advance new treatments and prevention measures for AD and related dementias for over 7 years and is dedicated to spreading the message of hope through research for those living with and at risk for Alzheimer’s disease.
This program is presented as part of the Healthy Families at Cranston Public Library series. Visit cranstonlibrary.org/healthy-families to learn more.
- Saturday, October 15, 2022
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Zach Berger; 401-943-9080 x3; email@example.com
- James T. Giles Community Room
- Central Library