Introduction to Homeschooling in Rhode Island @ Central
If you are a Rhode Islander considering homeschooling your child, this workshop provides the information you need to make decisions and get started. Topics that will be discussed include:
- Homeschooling in Rhode Island: State laws, district policies, and what to submit
- 101 Reasons Families Choose to Homeschool
- Curriculum Planning: Resources, Learning Styles, Homeschooling Methods, A Typical Homeschool Day
- The “S” word: Socialization
Free and open to the public. Register below to receive an email reminder or contact the library for assistance.
Alyssa Crowder is a volunteer with ENRICHri, a local non-profit that provides all homeschoolers in Rhode Island and the surrounding area with advocacy, field trips and classes, and parent support. Alyssa has held various positions within the organization, including President and Treasurer. She currently works with the advocacy team sharing her passion for homeschooling with our members and the larger community.
Alyssa grew up in Cranston and currently lives with her two kids, husband, and dog in Coventry. Their homeschooling adventure began nine years ago when her oldest, now in 8th grade, was going into Kindergarten. Alyssa is thrilled to share her experiences and knowledge with others exploring or beginning a homeschool journey!
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Zach Berger; 401-943-9080 x3; email@example.com
- James T. Giles Community Room
- Central Library